Post by nickwheelfan87 on Oct 24, 2019 10:15:03 GMT -5
My name is Nick O'Brien and I'm from our nation's capital in Washington DC. I'm the latest member to join this site. I have been a fan of Wheel of Fortune since I was a kid and continue to enjoy the show still to this day. I auditioned for the show in the summer of 2018 when they had the tryouts in Dulles, Virginia but I didn't make it out of the first round. I love game shows but this is my absolute favorite game show. I guess I didn't have much time to prepare between June 22 (when I found out about the auditions) and July 14 (when I auditioned). With my local friends from time to time, we've done mock simulations of the show by playing the Wheel of Fortune for the Nintendo Wii. OK, now I have a couple questions...
- What can I do to improve my chances of being on the show?
- Do you think that watching the show and playing on the Wii are enough to practice? Do you have any other tips that I can use? I do practice on the Wii 3 times a week and watch the show when I can. - Are there specific things I should pay attention to for tricky puzzles?
I look forward to meeting you all on the website!!!
1. Like Genius said, practicing those methods and being enthusiastic on stage will boost your chances getting on this show. Also, have an interesting personality.
2. Doing DPG (Daily Puzzle Game) every day is also a great way to practice. I’ll also say that playing the Free Play app on mobile can also really help (Even though the play for the games structure way differently than the actual version.) For show strategies, I would go for all of the multiples unless if I had $10K+ in my bank. Also, solve the prize puzzle as soon as you know it (But if you do that with no money, be warned that Ant and Ismael from Game Show Kingdom may bash you for solving the prize puzzle with $0. Not that I discourage that. )
3. Harry Friedman saves most of his tricky puzzles for the bonus round. This list has all of the puzzles that you can expect to pop up in Bonus Land.
On another note, welcome to the boards, Nick!
Last Edit: Oct 24, 2019 15:32:47 GMT -5 by Deleted
To get an audition, after being on Wheelmobile stage & not getting a callback, I sent in a video yearly saying how much fun I had. Something unique that you do or have done may stand out. For practice, I actually took notes, common phrases, person, occupations etc. I think it helped me. Good luck!
Post by nickwheelfan87 on Oct 26, 2019 12:25:05 GMT -5
I forgot one important question in my original post...in the past while playing Wheel of Fortune for the Wii, I have hired several female friends to portray Vanna White. Is it necessary to do that on a regular basis?
Buy a Vowel Boards is a fan forum dedicated to the popular television game show Wheel of Fortune. It is not affiliated with Wheel of Fortune, Sony Pictures, or any of its affiliates. No challenge to ownership is implied, and all marks, logos, images, and other materials used wherein remain property of their respective owners. All opinions expressed on the site belong to their respective posters, and do not necessarily represent or reflect the opinions of the site, its staff, and any of its associates.
Copyright 2009-2021, Buy a Vowel Boards, a division of Waffle Forum Enterprises. All rights reserved.