Season 38 Pre-emptions and Anomalies Oct 26, 2020 14:19:18 GMT -5
Post by MarioGS on Oct 26, 2020 14:19:18 GMT -5
Additional notes for Week 6:
- WBFF Baltimore has apparently been airing Wheel earlier than its listed 12:35 AM on World Series days. On Friday, the show was just ending at 12:35, suggesting it started no later than 12:10. It is likely that WBFF is following the games with 30 minutes of local news, followed by Wheel, meaning its earliest start time would be 11:30-35 PM, although this does not match the TV listings.
- World Series Game 1 ended 48 minutes late.
- World Series Game 2 ended over an hour late, around 12:01 AM Eastern. Because of this, the first few minutes of Wheel were cut off on KHON in Hawaii after the local news.
- World Series Game 3 ended 36 minutes late.
- CBS's College Football game ended about 10 minutes late (thanks to the postgame show; the game itself did end before 7:00). 7:00 PM Eastern airings of Wheel cut in around the time Round 2 was solved.
- ABC's College Football game also ended about 10 minutes late. Pacific Time Zone airings of Wheel (except KAEF Eureka which now airs it at 8:00 PM) were not affected.
- World Series Game 4 did not end until about 12:47 AM Eastern. Wheel very likely did not air at all on KHON in Hawaii.
- WFTV Orlando aired the rerun on Sunday at 3:00 PM Eastern right before soccer, though it was not listed. WFTV also pre-empted the original airing of this episode.
- All three contestants' markets did air the episode, but not at their regular times. Jason's affiliate WABC New York aired it at 5:30 AM Eastern Saturday morning. Grace's affiliate KABC Los Angeles aired it at 9:30 PM Saturday night, the only one who could have caught it at a decent time slot. Brian's affiliate KATV Little Rock aired it at 12:30 AM Central, possibly slid back due to the College Football game running long.